Face to Face Communication in a Faceless World
I've got a few reasons why you still need to get face to face with clients as often as possible and not just rely on technology like GoTo, Skype, e-mail, and social media to make your connections.
- You can be personal and not hide behind an auto responder or a voice mail tree (select #2 if….blech!) - remember, people buy from people they like.
- It is easier to be nice in person than over the phone
- See body language – you are active listening and can judge their attention and adjust accordingly
- Everyone is focused and not as easily distracted - have you checked e-mail during a web conference...I thought so.
- Everyone seems to slow down a little and is not as hurried
- Deeper connections on a personal and business level
- You can observe the environment looking for clues to the culture and current state of the target client
- It is easier to ask for a referral or personal recommendation - and get it - if you have delivered value and made the effort to be face to face.
- Making the effort to be there in person will make it easier to influence them to make the changes you as an expert think they should make.
And most importantly, you may be the only one making an effort to show up face to face with your prospect or customer so you will stand out in the crowd.
Technology gives us the option to stay home and be less personal but there is no substitute for looking someone in the eye, a firm handshake, and delivering kindness in person.
© Top Line Results | Orlando, FL